From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Mark Waterbury
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2024 9:33 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: External Re: Question about redirecting spooled output

Hi, Michael,
That is very clever. The main "gotcha" is the requirement for the users to be enrolled in the system directory. Nowadays, since many shops no longer use SNADS, this could become an issue.
You may also want to try the (newer) SNDTCPSPLF command, vis:
SNDTCPSPLF RMTSYS(LOCALHOST) PRTQ('yourlib/youroutq') FILE(A) + DESTTYP(*AS400) TRANSFORM(*NO) SEPPAGE(*NO)
Note the use of "localhost" to send the spool file to a user on the same system. There are other optional parameters available.
All the best,
Mark S. Waterbury