    https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.3?topic=authority-checking-examples  ;

HTH,
Mark

On Friday, June 7, 2024 at 10:02:20 AM EDT, Jay Vaughn <jeffersonvaughn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can someone clearly lay out the rules as to what applies a users auth to an
ifs path/file?

For example...

my user is xyz and the ifs file auth looks like this...
(my user can access other files with different auth on them in this path so
the path is accessible)

*public *rwx
qdirsrv *x
qpgmr *rwx

and the file has an authorization list on it...  its object auth are...

*public *exclude
xyz *all

and on that autl I have...
*public *exclude
xyz *all

For some reason when files have this auth config my user cannot access
them... I know there are certain overriding rules for user/autl that come
into play (that I have run across before), but cannot quite remember
them... but given this scenario, can someone tell me why xyz cannot access
this file on the ifs?

tia

jay