Thanks Patrik, Rob

I failed to mention that the user should receive both QSYSOPR MSGs
AND his own MSGs.

I think that issuing CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(UserA) MSGQ(QSYSOPR)
will alienate the user from his/her own MSGs.

Right?

Gad

from: Rob Berendt <robertowenberendt@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: QSYSOPR MSGs

Options include:

User permanent
CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(SAMPLE) MSGQ(QSYSOPR) DLVRY(*NOTIFY)

Job level:
CHGMSGQ MSGQ(QSYSOPR) DLVRY(*NOTIFY)

Either could use *BREAK instead of *NOTIFY. Experience has told me those
users who insisted on *BREAK soon stop using that session because it's
irritating as it keeps interrupting their work. Now they get no
notification in their current session. But heaven help you if you ask them
if you'd rather you change them to just *NOTIFY. Odd, but true.

Other options include a message monitoring solution which sends them an
email. Commercial solutions are available which allow you to taylor it a
bit more based on severity, message content, etc. You can roll your own if
you'd rather.