In the interest of teaching how to fish, to the Original Poster - I suggest you see what the 501 message says and analyze the text - it says there is an invalid extension - what is an extension? It is the part of a file name that follows the last period (dot), right? In the *put* subcommand here, what are the extensions? I see one, "txt" - the other one is supposed to be an object type, that's what the extensions are on the i - so extensions there in name format 1 will be something like "lib" or "file" or "mbr".

The FTP manual on the Knowledge Base site for IBM i has excellent info on the subcommands, like "put". And on name formats. Here's the 7.5 version - https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ssw_ibm_i_75/pdf/rzaiqpdf.pdf

Hope this is generally useful!
Vern