I'm glad you finally moved the file you needed to move.
Some points:

- Once you decide on system naming (namefmt 0) or IFS naming (namefmt
1) just stick with it. You don't need to go back and forth. The syntax is
slightly different but learning both will assist in your knowledge gain.
- FTP is not aware of member types, so in an earlier example one post
showed how to use a CL command to change the type to RPGLE (or any other
type for that matter) Learning to run a CL command from FTP is a powerful
tool.

Questions

- To transfer from your desktop to the IFS, stay in namefmt 1, and
change the put to "put mytextfile.txt /home/myprofile/mytextfile.txt"
assuming you want it in /home/yourprofile directory. change that directory
to anywhere you have authority. On PUB400 that will be somewhat limited
for obvious reasons.
- Once the file is on the system you have a series of different ways to
copy the file. From PDM simply put a "3" in front of the member and it
will ask you where to put it. If you use WRKLNK to get to the IFS, then
set your current directory where you want the file and again use option 3
to move/copy it.

You need to learn quite a bit about basic IBM i file types structures. I
suggest you join COMMON (common.org) and run through the bootcamps. That
will get you quite some ways into your education of IBM i.
--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect