Thomas,
In the context of FTP, you sign-on using an FTP "client" and it talks to an FTP "server" ...
If you invoked the FTP client (command) on your local PC, the PC is the client, and the remote host running the FTP server is the "host server."
The FTP "get" command means to get (retrieve) a file from the remote host server to the local client.
The FTP "put" command means to put (send) a file from the local client to the remote host server.
So, in this case, I think you want to use a "put" FTP command.
I hope that helps,
Mark S. Waterbury