For what it is worth, just found that the Tools for Developers came out in 2001 - according to this article in a Linux magazine, no less!

https://www.linuxtoday.com/high-performance/as400network-new-toolkit-gives-iseries-os-400-developers-more-options/

On Fri, 12 May, 2023 at 6:00 PM, VERNON HAMBERG Owner via MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jack

You probably know there used to be IBM Tools for Developers, a free PRPQ, number 5799-PTL. I don't remember how long ago it first became available, it is now superceded by the open source offerings. Here's a link that mentions it - https://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/5799-PTL. That page was created in 2007, I think I remember trying some of the tools and VNC and X-Windows and emacs and all around then. That article says it was superseded by 5733-OPS - of course, that is also long gone, no sorrow there. New open source support gives us all that stuff and better, right?

Cheers
Vern