Maybe this will help for the system request menu

[1]Securing Options in the SYS REQ
Menu [2][IMG]
ibm.com

--
Bryan Dietz

On May 5, 2023, at 11:45 AM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Reading the help is looks like sysrqs-1 on steroids

Yeah, SYSREQ 1 does TRFSECJOB (i.e. secondary job), so it would seem
TFRGRPJOB is similar but for potentially more than two.
It sounds like it would have the same disadvantages, only perhaps even
more
so (all jobs in the group other than the currently active one would be
suspended, including being unable to release "soft" locks, if I'm
understanding correctly).
The one main advantage of having more than one job associated with a
single
workstation, as far as I am concerned, is that any of those jobs has the
ability to remove messages from the *MSGQ (to declutter DSPMSG).
So far, I am having a rough time acclimating to multiple tabs. My muscle
memory is very strong (built up over 20+ years), so even though it's
actually fewer keystrokes to switch tabs, I still accidentally open that
secondary job. And once the signon screen is there, you can't switch
back
without logging in.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to disable SYSREQ 1 just for
myself
and still keep the other SYSREQ options. I found out you can remap the
other options, just not option 1.
If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!
John Y.

list