My 2 cents

Do NOT modify IBM supplied objects - in this case QBATCH Sub-System

Create a library MYSYS or any name you like

Duplicate the QBATCH Sub-System into there

Make your changes, add job queue's anything you want.

If you need more job queue's create them in your MYSYS library

Modify your start up program to start the QBATCH Sub-System in MYSYS

Create a CL program in MYSYS with all the changes you have made, to
recreate your modified version of the QBATCH Sub_System so when you do an
operating system upgrade or move to a new system you just run this program
again and you get all your specific requirements and you don't change the
IBM supplied ones.

I have many IBM commands where we have changed some defaults, they all get
copied to the MYSYS library and the changes applied to my copy of the
command.

I also modify the system library list to put MYSYS at the top.

Cheers

Don