I asked that a couple days ago. :)

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 6:03 PM Don Brown via MIDRANGE-L <
midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just curious ...

If email uses PGP or any encryption how does the receiving mail server
decrypt it.

Maybe all mail servers have this option but that is not my area of
expertise so just asking

Thanks

Don

From: "Brad Stone" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/03/2023 06:40 AM
Subject: Re: PGP Email Encryption from IBM i
Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The only option I may have is if you can find a 3rd party cloud service to
send emails with that offers PGP with SMTP. Then you most likely would be
able to use any of the tools I have such as MAILTOOL/MAILTOOL Plus or
maybe
something else (like GETURI).

I'm sure there are some open source options out there as well if you're up
for that.

Sounds like someone made a decision to take a wrong turn at Albuquerque,
though. :)

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 12:56 PM DRIVER Adam via MIDRANGE-L <