On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 6:07 PM <smith5646midrange@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks everyone for the information that you provided.

You're welcome.

I really wanted to do this all natively without using third party tools but
I guess I will have to wait for IBM to catch up to the rest of the world
and
make SFTP a supported technology instead of just providing some work
arounds
and asking us to use third party tools.

*IBM has been saying for about 6 years now* that going forward *we have to
learn to use open source tools*.

ssh/scp/sftp are themselves open source from the OpenSSH project.

There is no shame in using an industry-wide billion-use tool like expect to
script your transfer.
expect can be installed from yum.
I gave you an expect script that will connect and, if you modify it, do
your transfer.

35 years ago the world of the AS/400 was different.
Now we are in a different world, and the open source corpus that sprang up
starting in the 1980's now rules software engineering.
We of the IBM i world, and the IBM AIX world, and the IBM z world, are all
totally dependent on open source to do our daily business.
Time to expand one's horizons! If you get stuck with expect, just ask,
especially on the Ryver IBMiOSS open source forum.
<https://ibmioss.ryver.com>
The auto-enroll link for that forum is here
<http://ibm.biz/ibmioss-chat-join>.

See you there!