Hey, that worked! That was the problem.
Thanks so much, Rob and Niels!
I've learned something new today too. Always insert that extra space!

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of
tgarvey@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2022 11:47 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: What's wrong here?

Thanks again.
I'll let you know what happens.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob
Berendt
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2022 11:44 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If I go into STRSQL and run this:
values cast(15.2 - 2.1 as numeric(15,3)) it works.
Then I try F13
1. Change session attributes
Decimal point . . . . . . . . *comma
And try this
values cast(15.2 - 2.1 as numeric(15,3)) I get: SQL0104 Token ( was not
valid. Valid tokens: ).
But if I try this:
values cast(15.2 - 2.1 as numeric(15, 3)) it works. It just looks funny to
this Yank as:
VALUES
13,100

See also
RUNSQLSTM ... DECMPT(*PERIOD)
But it's best to just get into the habit of adding the space instead of
relying upon adding stuff like DECMPT.

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818