use CALL QSFWINV *PRINT to show what keys are installed and any dates for expired licenses.
leave off *PRINT for an interactive display

Bryan

Christopher Bipes wrote on 9/8/2022 12:31 PM:
There are several licensed components for WDS:
5770WDS V7R2M0 5050 IBM Rational Development Studio for i
5770WDS V7R2M0 5103 Application Development ToolSet
5770WDS V7R2M0 5101 ILE COMPILERS: RPG, COBOL, C/C++
5770WDS V7R2M0 5102 HERITAGE COMPILERS: OPM, S/36, S/38 RPG CO

Make sure you have a key for all of them. (This is a capture from a V7R2 system so the product ID will be different as well as the description.

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jay B
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2022 8:39 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 5722WDS Usage limit of 0 exceeded but successfully entered

Hello,

I receive a message "Usage limit of 0 exceeded. Grace period expires in 66 days..." when using STRPDM, however the license is shown as (what I interpret to be) "valid" status.

OS/400 version is V5R2M0.

When I display licenses there appears to be nothing wrong with the 5722WDS
key:

Product identifier . . . . : 5722WDS

License term . . . . . . . : V5R2

Feature . . . . . . . . . . : 5050

Description . . . . . . . . : Websphere Development Studio

System serial number . . . : 10....M

Processor group . . . . . . : P10

License Key . . . . . . . . : xyz123 xyz123 xyz123

Usage limit . . . . . . . . : *NOMAX

Expiration date . . . . . . : *NONE

Vendor data . . . . . . . . : *NONE

... but the warning appears every time I use PDM.

I have licenses for 5722SS1 as V5R2 and V5R2M0 and have entered both of them (I don't know if this makes a difference). I got the same error with only the 5722SS1 V5R2 license entered, so I added the V5R2M0 license (which was the same key number).

My primary interest is understanding why this is happening for 5722WDS.
All of the other licenses I entered appear to be in good status and no warnings for other products are found in DSPLOG except for 5722WDS.

Ideally, I'd prefer to not wipe and reinstall every 70 days when I have what I believe to be a valid license key. Just trying to learn a bit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.