Hi Jack

Data Transfer component of ACS is an end-user tool, not a developer tool. I did not ask but do wonder if Robert is trying write his own DTFX file by hand. The interface has a lot of help in it - click on the question-mark in the blue circle. To get to all the help available, go to the ACS install location and look for something like this -

C:\Users\Vern\OneDrive\Documents\IBM\iAccessClient_Help\DataTransfer\en (it may or may not include OneDrive - have I said how much I dislike OneDrive? -it all depends on how ACS got installed)

The main thing is to find iAccessClient_Help - I see 57 HTML files. If a person wanted to wild, that person could assemble it all into a document.

On adding several files, the help on the main page has this info -
To browse the contents of a library, either leave the*File name*field blank, or specify a library name followed by a slash character, for example:/QIWS//

And from there you pick a file/member, one at a time, as many as you need - you get a comma-separated list.

That's coming from one of the HTML files. And remember, this is _not_ a developer tool. But the thing that _is_ generated is basically a good-old INI file, so yes, one can construct it.

As I mentioned in my other post, there is an option to select how the SELECT is processed, Data Transfer format or native SQL - that is intriguing. In any case, I suggest Robert, et al., assemble one of these from the interface, as desired, see what's in the DTFX, and lather-rinse-repeat to your heart's content!

I've seen places that have hundreds or thousands of these things (or TTOs or DTFs) - when you look inside, you see the clauses of a SELECT statement, basically. To replace these, I might look inside the DTFX file in an editor, pull the various elements into a SELECT and run it with whatever works best for you - for some it will be a tool like SEQUEL or NGS-IQ - maybe Python.

The HELP is not going to document the syntax of DTFX or DTTX files in an obvious way, but it should help get examples to study.

I did look at what the wizard prompt allows for JOINs - looks like the old approach to list tables, comma-separated, then use the where clause to define the JOIN - the wizard only seems to allow INNER JOIN kinds of things, which, of course, what the old approach did. So to get other JOIN types, you might have to get fancy with your WHERE clause - and you can.

Reverse-engineering is so much fun! And here be dragons!

Cheers
Vern