I appreciate all of the input that I have gotten but I am not looking to
rewrite the security on the machine.

I am looking for a very specific solution of that blocks the manipulation of
objects (creating, deleting, renaming) while still allowing the use of
member commands like ADDPFM, RNMM, and RMVM.

It appears that IBM has tied the execution of the member commands to the
authority of the file AND LIBRARY which makes no sense to me. I was sure
that I was missing something in the combination but it does not appear that
I am.

And to further clarify, I am trying to prevent the developers from screwing
up their own environment which is breaking the testing for other developers.
It is stupid stuff like the renaming a PF and creating a new one but not
changing the logicals so they are still pointing to the old file. The
change management software handles this so if they used it, there wouldn't
be a problem.

Production is a whole other story that I don't have the energy to fight so
I'm not going to bother. Besides, they will get reprimanded for breaking
production but nobody cares if they break the test environments.