I just saw the idea to use RTVMBRD against a table that is created from running the ASP_INFO table function.

I did wonder about using RTVMBRD against the view itself, so I tried it - it actually returned a value of 2 - not the number of rows in the result on the system I tried it on, where the SELECT in Run Sql Scripts has just 1 row.

Here's the CL code -
PGM
DCL        VAR(&CURRCDCNT) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(10 0)
RTVMBRD    FILE(QSYS2/ASP_INFO) NBRCURRCD(&CURRCDCNT)
ENDPGM

So I tried it over qsys2/sysfuncs - the CL gave me a record count of 1696, while SELECT COUNT(*) FROM QSYS2.SYSFUNCS gave me 694.

Vaguely curious to think about, eh? But nothing I understand as I sit here! So back to the other post's suggestion, which should work.

Regards
Vern