× The internal search function is temporarily non-functional. The current search engine is no longer viable and we are researching alternatives.
As a stop gap measure, we are using Google's custom search engine service.
If you know of an easy to use, open source, search engine ... please contact support@midrange.com.



I wrote an SQL statement to *CREATE OR REPLACE MYLIB.MYVIEW.*
*
*
I ran the SQL on the production box. Worked great. The command _RUNQRY *N MYVIEW _returned the data I expected (and wanted). So my work with getting to the code is done.
*But then.. *..I ran the /_*same exact statement*_ with the same/ _RUNSQLSTM_ on the Dev-box to create the View and then sent the View over to AEF80. When I run _RUNQRY *N MYVIEW_, now it gives me zero records.

...You folks that have worked with SQL, any ideas? (I haven't even gotten to where I can put it into the RPG program to work with). fI haven't had this problem before. I even got it to work and got good data once but had to fix some little thing, but I haven't gotten it to do right by me since.

Anybody know what's going on here? Any suggestions? Even something in he archives? I don't even know how to search for this kind of issue. It's hard to believe.

--Alan


As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Follow-Ups:
Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2023 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.