I did get a list of suggested indexes with an option clicking on a schema. That gave me gobs of suggestions on a lot of files, but from that I got a list of the four or five files involved.

Thanks very much to all of you,

--Alan Cassidy

On 5/5/2022 2:54 PM, Vern Hamberg via MIDRANGE-L wrote:
A right-click on a node in the diagram might also have something about suggestions - I think!

Cheers
Vern

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin Taylor"<jtaylor.0ab@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 5, 2022 12:57:50 PM
Subject: Re: Script script Run and Explain

They would be under Actions=>Index and Statistics Advisor from the menu on
the Visual Explain window. There aren't always suggestions.

HTH

date: Thu, 5 May 2022 11:13:25 -0400
from: Alan Cassidy<cfuture@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Script script Run and Explain

I've looked around and can't find the answer for this.

I have clicked on Run and Explain in the SQL script Visual Explain tab,
but I can't find suggestions for indexes to improve performance. I was
told it does make suggestions. I ran one complex SQL statement there.

--Thanks

Alan