No disagreement here, other than, for us currently, I wouldn't open up the IFS tool - we set up netserver shares for that.

I was not part of the initial setup for our users, I can chat with you at COMMON about some of this, you'll see what I'm seeing.

Cheers
Vern

On 5/18/2022 6:32 AM, Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis wrote:
On 5/18/2022 6:21 AM, Vern Hamberg via MIDRANGE-L wrote:

> we have that pretty much restricted to 5250 only for our users

That's like the farmer who was finally convinced to replace his axe with a chainsaw. However, lacking training, the thing frustrated him so bad he took it back the next day.

When pointed out how badly the saw worked, the shop-keep took the saw and the farmer out back to a test log, and fired it up. The farmer then hollered over the motor: "WHAT'S THAT NOISE?"

Seriously the spooled file support is the first thing I would give to the users. It's their output, let them see it in a format much more user friendly and also download it in text or PDF format.

Next would be IFS access. Again it's their data, let them access it easily and upload and download as well.

And for Developers and Admins of course, the Run SQL scripts feature is PURE GOLD.

My $0.02.