Maybe the approach to installing this should be to install it natively
side-by-side to your IBMI OS.

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 7:29 AM Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Is VPM supported on Power9.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 3:33 PM Jacob Banda <jnbanda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I did some digging, and you can create the partitions without an HMC.

I believe this is what you want. You'll need to use Virtual Partition
Manager (VPM) if you don't have an HMC.

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/creating-ibm-i-or-linux-client-partitions-
using-virtual-partition-manager-vpm
<https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/creating-ibm-i-or-linux-client-partitions-using-virtual-partition-manager-vpm>

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/685075

------------
Jacob
------------

date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:02:36 +0000

from: Michael Quigley <MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx>

subject: RE: Hosting a Linux partition

Thanks Bryan!

The document is linked to off several of IBM's webpages. However, each
link

I tried was broken. This should prove very helpful.

Now if I can just get past identifying the virtual SCSI adapter. There's

nothing in the "Hardware contained within package" like the document
shows.

Michael Quigley

Computer Services

The Way international