I am using the IBM i FTP client to connect to an external server for the data transfer.

As far as getting the CA certificates in DCM, I'm not sure how/when we installed this particular CA. We are not installing specific certificate chains... just the CA certificate (which was already on there).

Keep in mind that my understanding here is very limited.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Tuesday, April 5, 2022 1:23 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CA Certificates

Let me follow up with my follow up.

IBM i as a client.  A client to what, exactly?   You are accessing the
FTP server securely and using a certificate in that handshake?  Or, are
you using ftp to pull back a certificate that is then used for securely
connecting to something else?

I may have lost the thread somewhere.....apologies for following the
wrong understanding.....

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java