From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Bruce
Vining
Sent: Monday, April 4, 2022 4:36 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Creating command with variable parameters

You have received some examples answering your direct question, but if you
are into APIs you might find the Retrieve Command Definition (QCDRCMDD) API
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.4?topic=ssw_ibm_i_74/apis/qcdrcmdd.htm>
useful.
It will generate a XML form of how the command is defined and it works with
pretty much any command you might be wondering "how does it do that" about.