Hi,

Please find the settings from 'MS access to IBM i' as followings and I am
not sure how and from where to check settings for 'and/or SQL server to
your IBM i' :-

MS Access to IBM i :-

1) MS Access blank database -->New Data Source --> From Other
Sources-->ODBC Database--->Import the source data into a new table in the
current database.

2) Import the source data into a new table in the current database -->
Click on 'OK' --> DSN Name --> New --> iSeries Access ODBC Driver (32-bit)(
Under Advanced File DSN Creation Settings by default it's written (under
Type driver - specific keywords and values: DRIVER = {Client Access ODBC
Driver (32 -bit)} and verify this connection(recommended) checkbox is tick
marked.

3) Then type the name of the file data source Which you want to save this
connection to. Or, find the location to save to by clicking Browse.---> I
typed some name here.

4) Then I Clicked on the Finish button.

5) Then On 'IBM i Access for Windows ODBC Driver Connect' Window below
are the settings for 'General' and 'Server' tabs:-

For General :-

Data Source name -- I think i can use the same Data source name which i
gave on step number 3) as mentioned above ?

data source'.

system:-- name of iseries server on which i want to make this connection.

Connection options:- I have let the default 'Use IBM i Navigator default'.

security :- 'Use same security as IBM i Navigator connection'.

For Server :-

Naming convention:

by default it's coming as 'SQL naming convention (*SQL)

Default SQL Schema or Library:- I have mentioned the library name in
which i am doing this testing for updating records to a specific file which
is journaled and not journaled.

Connection Type:- Use ODBC access mode

undee Advanced server options Window below are the default settings:-

Commit Mode :- Read uncommitted(*CHG) -- > I think I was advised for the
same option (Commit immediate (*NONE) among different available options
under the drop down button here ?

Time :

format :

hh:mm:ss (*HMS)