By any chance are those 11 users people whose password hasn't changed in decades? Normally changing the password fixes it.
Note: CHGUSRPRF PASSWORD(...samepassword...) does not change the password nor does it reset the password change date. Now if it just has to be the same you can change it to something different and change it back. If it is some special user profile that you've forgotten the password and you have some pc based process somewhere that has to match you're going to have fun.

Staying at QPWDLVL 2 instead of going to 3 is only done for two reasons:
1 - Fear. You want the ability to drop back to level 0 or 1 if things go bad.
2 - You're running versions of Microsoft operating systems which are no longer supported which still use old lanmanager type passwords and you're trying client/server connections.
But you want to get to QPWDLVL 3.

I forget what the exact issue was but when we tried 2 we had an issue where we had to go to 3 to get past it. So staying at 2 instead of going to 3 may cause issues instead of being the safety feature you're hoping it is. Of course it was our main production system and we had to schedule an IPL outside of our normal allowed times to do so.