From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2022 9:02 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: Avoiding CPF2973 and truncation

Ok, I'm trying to understand.
Let's say you have a file with a record length of 100 bytes.
You have another file with a record length of 200 bytes.
You're trying to copy the 200 byte record length file into the 100 byte record length file.

Now when you say "Is there any way to keep the output file with a smaller recl and avoid truncation?" what are you really saying? Are you saying
1: I want to keep the data which was already in the output file but automatically make it bigger
2: I just want to copy only the first 100 bytes but I don't want it to stop and display the message CPF2973.

If you are asking #2 then this may be possible by using reply list entries like ADDRPYLE

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
http://www.dekko.com<http://www.dekko.com>