Pete,
I went to our VMcenter. From there I launched a remote console session to our vHMC.
Console Management, Console settings, Change Network Settings, LAN Adapters tab. I have four entries
Eth0 ... 0.0.0.0
Eth1 ... 192.xxx.xxx.1
Eth2 ... 192.xxx.xxx.24
Eth3 ... 10.10.6.97
We do not use the 192 settings. Those are probably there from initial setup. Our Power systems are in the 10. network.
Check your Name Services tab and see that you have DNS setup. We have both boxes checked and four DNS entries. We also have two suffix search orders entered. We may be transitioning domains.
Now click on Test Network connectivity. Enter in your PC name, with the domain name (if you do not have that domain in the search list). In my case I had to enter GDL83.dekko-1. Did I mention we are transitioning domains?

Now on your PC try this:
Nslookup 10.10.6.97
This should return your hmc name. If it doesn't slap yourself silly (since you're the network guy) until you go fix your DNS and enter your HMC in there.
Now you should be able to get to https://hmcussi.corp.dekko.com

Now open iACS. Not an emulator session! But the full enchilada with the General, Database, Console and Management sections. Under Management, System Configurations. Find your system in there and click Edit. Under the console tab select HMC, then enter in your host name / ip address for your hmc. I use names and not IP addresses. Our network guy has studied under Catbert and loves to play games with us by renumbering stuff on a periodic basis. If you click the Verify Connection tab you will see that it uses ports 2300 and 2301.
Now go back to the iACS main stuff. Right under Welcome make sure your system name is there. Under Console select 5250 console. There's your system console session. "Hardware Management Interface 1" is your ASM or Advanced Systems Management. There are those who feel that it's ok to have your payroll data, engineering drawings, missile launch codes, etc on your corporate network but heaven forbid you should put your ASM or HMC interfaces to your power systems on your corporate network. I fail to understand that.

Normally the only time I use Vcenter to get to the vHMC is for upgrades and to start the shared system console sessions.