Hi Alan,

First, this may help explain the difficulty in finding documentation:

https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200511/msg01115.html

Second, here's what I was able to find:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.3?topic=functions-fopen-open-files

What you're looking for is the keyword o_ccisd=value.

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.

/
On 12/20/2021 2:34 PM, Alan Shore via MIDRANGE-L wrote:
Hi folks
We are on V7r3
With the help of this group, I am using the
'_C_IFS_fopen'
'_C_IFS_fgets'
'_C_IFS_fclose'

For about a year now, and once I was told of what I was doing wrong, with no problems
Until now
I am using these functions for a new set of ifs files, and am receiving
C_ERRNO = 3490 which translates to an error string of 'Conversion error.'
On the _C_IFS_fopen finction

I believe it MAY be the ccsid of the ifs files that I am attempting to open - CCSID = 1208
Everything I have used these functions on up until now have been CCSID = 819 without incurring this problem'
I have tried to googel the answer to this but having little success
Is there anywhere in the function parameters that I can change the CCSID on the _C_IFS_fopen function?
If anyone can point me to where the write up to these functions can be found will be greatly appreiated

Alan Shore
Solutions Architect
IT Supply Chain Execution

[NHScsignaturelogo]

60 Orville Drive
Bohemia, NY 11716
Phone [O] : (631) 200-5019
Phone [C] : (631) 880-8640
E-mail :ASHORE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
Winston Churchill