There are APIs to list threads, semaphores and shared memory segments.
I got rather familiar with these with Domino.
The old Navigator used to have options to list these. Even later versions of the old Nav had it removed. IBM felt that true developers (from the unix/aix world) who use such things detest gui and thrive on command line. I was using it for Domino to delete them so I didn't have to reboot the machine after a hung Domino server. The Domino team wrote a few utilities to help such as DLTDOMSMEM (Delete Domino shared memory) and DLTDOMSEM (Delete Domino semaphores).