That's what we bought. When we spoke to IBM/DSI (IBM is the official
reseller of DSI) they did offer a storage level migration but the two
devices have to be on the same network, ideally fiber channel connected.
That was going to be a challenge given the target installation is in a
different country. My initial plan was to ship one DSI to the source
location and connect it to the Power server via fibre channel which also
has the ProtecTier attached to it. Then we could use the DSI tools to
migrate the data across. That proved to be both technically and
logistically challenging. Technically because the DSI VTLs have ethernet
ports in addition to the 4 fibre channels ones. And for one of the
ethernet ports (can't remember if it's management or IDRAC) if its IP
address is changed after installation (as might occur if a unit is
installed in one data centre on one network, to another data centre on a
different network) then the units destroys all the data for security
purposes! That means I had to find a way in two different data centres to
be able to ask for the same subnet and same IP address. And logistically
because shipping the DSI's across borders with Customs implications proved
to be too hard.