I am doing this now on a system that does not have BRMS. The VTL is a
simulated VTL that is just saved to the IFS.
Darryl

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 7:24 AM Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you have the BRMS network feature installed? This shares the metadata
across systems. For example if LPAR1 dies I can go to LPAR2 and run
STRRCYBRM FROMSYS(LPAR1)
And get a list of steps needed to recover LPAR1, including what tapes are
needed, etc.
And for individual restores (like restoring a production object to
development)
RSTOBJBRM FROMSYS(LPAR1)

Resource
ID Option Feature Description
5770BR1 *BASE 5050 Backup Recovery and Media Servi
5770BR1 *BASE 2924 Backup Recovery and Media Servi
5770BR1 1 5101 BRMS-Network Feature
5770BR1 2 5102 BRMS-Advanced Functions Feature

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
http://www.dekko.com