One other thought:

The backups on VIOS and HMC happen without any disruption to the
environment.
You can run these backups whenever you wish.

Some customers run them just before they leave the office for the day, that
way the new backups are included in the IBM i backup that runs that night.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect