We are running two systems off IBM FlashSystem V5030 All Flash SAN with
Metro Mirror between the primary and DR LPARs. This is over 10G fibre
connection.

Only one LPAR is replicated and we have successfully tested failing over to
the DR LPAR and IPL'ing off the replicated volume,

If you had 6 partitions Metro Mirror might have to work a bit harder to
monitor writes from 6 partitions to the disk and keep track of updates to
the 6 LPARs.

I can't comment if the V5035 is more capable than the V5030 but that is
something your hardware business partner can probably help you with.

As as Jim says, it's up to the SAN software to do the work - the Power
server is none the wiser :-)

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 7:21 AM Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>