From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Sent: Oct 21, 2021 2:30 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Logical files not in same library as physical files

Agreed, a developer partition is far superior to not having one. That
said, many shops either A) don't have the ability to put up a second
partition due to hardware constraints, or B) can't see the reason for it.
Both of them have a root cause in the purchase price of the system being
squeezed down to as low as possible. As for reason B, well if they won't
listen we can't make them, until of course there is a real disaster and
somebody like Larry or me shows up to recover the box. Then the boss
listens much better......

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect