And when the bad guys get that backup first, then hit the primary?

I have customers near you that had that very thing happen, the backups were
all clobbered about 10 minutes before the balance of the Virtualized
environment was encrypted. (IBMi only had three files in the IFS to
restore, otherwise it was unaffected). It took them quite some time to
rebuild all of that. IBMi had to wait until the network guys cobbled
together the DNS/DHCP etc.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect