Frank:

You can keep the old iSeries Navigator if you wish, although a significant
portion of it may not function as expected. I've removed it except for the
customers that still have OS levels old enough to support it and then only
in Virtual Machines.

You can use the ACS client with almost everything out there and if the
server does not support a function you are trying it will simply not work
(usually with an arcane error message)

On my desktop I have ACS, and when I need the Navigator functions (for
instance when using performance tools) then I use iNavigator or now the New
Navigatore found at port 2001,

Assuming that group PTFs are kept within about 6 months of current, that
should work nicely.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect