I am going to start by saying that I am not very knowledgeable about
*SQLPKGs so I'm not even sure where to start looking for the problem that I
am about to explain.

I have a program that I have written that runs on our DEV box that pushes
files to our UAT and PROD boxes. It uses SQL connections to the other boxes
to do several tasks such as deleting prior versions of the files, etc. I
don't remember all of the etc. but I can dig through the code if it makes a
difference.

When some of the developers run the process on the DEV box to connect to the
PROD box, it completes with no issues. In these cases, I am 99% sure that
it does not try to recreate the SQL package (I don't remember seeing the
source listing for these users).

When other developers run the same process on the same DEV box to connect to
the same PROD box, they get an error that it failed to create the *SQLPKG
(there is actually a source listing from the create). The error is "Not
authorized to object xxx in yyy type *SQLPKG".

We have looked at the different profiles and can't see any reason that there
would be an authority problem. The other weird thing is we do not get this
error when we run the process on the DEV box to connect to the UAT box.

So, my questions are:
1) Why would it be recreating the *SQLPKG when the program is executed...or
is it trying to create it because they are not authorized to it so it thinks
it is not there?
2) Would there be something specific in the SQL statements that causes it
to rebuild? The name of the files that it is cleaning up changes each time
it is run so maybe that is related.
3) What machine and what profile is it using that is causing the authority
issue? Is it the dev box profile and authority or the prod box profile and
authority...or some weird combination of dev profile and prod authority or
vice versa?
4) I know when compiling the program on the dev box, I can specify where
the *SQLPKG is created. If I specify QTEMP for that parm, will it try to
recreate it in QTEMP and maybe that will eliminate my authority issue? I
really want to do this the right way so if this is just a workaround and not
the right answer, I'd prefer to do this only as a last resort.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this. It is driving me nuts. : )