IMHO The number of these appliances deployed isn't large enough to warrant testing on a large number of potential VM Hosts. From my perspective I'd prefer that IBM spend time fixing broken things or enhancing the HMC rather than testing on a long list of VM Hosts.

Additionally consider that if you are moving to POWER10 or have other reasons to require HMC version 10 then you likely have newer VM hosts available. Further, if you do not have newer ones available, consider that a move to POWER10 will likely be a server that will be supported for 5 or even more years, meaning that those 'near end of life' hosts will reach end of life before your need for the HMC version 10.

In other words if you're upgrading your Power System keep your VM hosts current as well.

- DrF