Hello Charles,

Am 18.08.2021 um 02:11 schrieb Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>:

Though you may need to bump the memory to handle a large number of files...

java -Xmx3072m -jar acsbundle.jar

worked fine with 414,298 entries

Granted, on the box I was on, returning 414k entries took about 15min..

Hierarchical file systems with all the attached logic for handling them perform extraordinarily bad with that many objects in one (sub)directory. This is no different with IBM i. There's a reason UNIX applications (Squid, Apache Web Cache, INN for Network News, and more) create an artificial subdirectory tree to keep object count per (sub)directory low while maintaining an overall large number of files.

:wq! PoC