From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Gad
Miron
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2021 7:44 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Cannot save many IFS objects

Hello sages

I have noticed that our daily (nightly actually) SAV_IFS routine produces a
joblog with errors like:

Cannot save /QIBM/ProdData/OS/SQLLIB/bin.
Cause . . . . . : The ALWSAV attribute on /QIBM/ProdData/OS/SQLLIB/bin
was set to *NO preventing the object from being saved.
or
Cannot save /QIBM/UserData/HTTPA/admin/logs/INSTALLATION_V85Base.

Cause . . . . . : The ALWSAV attribute on
/QIBM/UserData/HTTPA/admin/logs/INSTALLATION_V85Base was set to *NO

SAV_IFS comprises of the CMD

SAV DEV('/QSYS.LIB/TAP01.DEVD') OBJ(('/*' *INCLUDE) ('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT)
('/QDLS' *OMIT) ('/Some_NFS_Mounted_Directories' *OMIT)) SAVACT(*YES)

Now, should I omit all of /QIBM ? part of it?

shall I set all object's ALWSAV to *YES ?

I would sure like to save the entire IFS including /QIBM

TIA

Gad
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.