From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Friday, August 6, 2021 4:04 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: DB2 for i SQL naming conventions

UPPERCASE_WITH_UNDERSCORES

Is really the only option..

You can't use Mixed case in Db2 for i _UNLESS_ you double quote the names

so
create "My_Table"

means you always need
select * from "My_Table"

whereas
create MY_TABLE
or create my_table

means you can use
select * from my_table
select * from MY_Table
select * from My_Table
ect...

Charles

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 3:54 PM <lee_paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When creating Tables, Indexes, Views, Functions, or other SQL-based
objects on the IBM i, what do you use for your naming conventions?

Object naming for multiple word separation: Do you use UpperCamelCase
or UPPERCASE_WITH_UNDERSCORES or Upper_Camel_Case_With_Underscores?

Constraint Naming: What do you name your different constraints?

Where do you store your SQL Source? QSQLSRC?

What other standards and conventions should I be thinking about when
creating SQL objects on the IBM i?

list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To
visit:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinf
o/midrange-l__;!!O6xM9Yim9Yk!vX4LrsF750JLDCzcQ9xM9ACfDcLQkaDYS4jHWTt22
0EMsk6VgMaOr8VduR3YcrJUkETJ$ or email:
MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l__;!!O6xM9Yim9Yk!vX4LrsF750JLDCzcQ9xM9ACfDcLQkaDYS4jHWTt220EMsk6VgMaOr8VduR3Ycr2gijxS$ .

related questions.

link:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://amazon.midrange.com__;!!O6xM9Yim9Y
k!vX4LrsF750JLDCzcQ9xM9ACfDcLQkaDYS4jHWTt220EMsk6VgMaOr8VduR3YcgzGRbcF
$