Go's stdlib tends to reinvent the world instead of using system
facilities. It might be looking for a config in /etc/resolv.conf and
trying a local resolver if that fails.

On Mon, 2021-08-02 at 15:27 -0400, Jay Vaughn wrote:
We are running a process in PASE (written in goLang) that will
establish
itself as an IBM i endpoint for a remote Linux server to use.
Someone else wrote the goLang script... I know nothing about it.
They
claimed they had no issues when they ran it with resolving dns/ip...
But... when I run the script in PASE, we have an issue where the
process is
failing to resolve an dns/IP lookup.

the actual error in PASE is...

2021-08-02T14:02:18.154Z        ERROR   SARAMA: Failed to connect to
broker
abc.xyz.com:9092: dial tcp: lookup abc.xyz.com on [::1]:53: read udp
[::1]:56603->[::1]:53: i/o timeout

We have ensured our tcp/ip host table entries are good and relevant
to this
process
And for what it was worth we tried creating an /etc/hosts file in the
same
directory of the goLang program with the correct dns/ip definitions.

Still we get the same error.
You can probably tell how I've phrased some of this stuff that I'm a
bit
out of my element... but hopefully you will understand the
fundamental
problem and possibly be able to recommend a potential solution?

Our linux guy is suggesting to "provide a service on port 53"... but
not
quite sure what he is referring to.  ADDSRVTBLE??  It's a matter of
time
before I talk to him more about this but just trying to stay
proactive and
learn what I can in the meanwhile...

I guess it comes down to: has anyone else used goLang in PASE to
connect to
an external server?
Any ideas?

tia