And just in case you decide to revisit Jasper:

Creating a New Report
https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-user-guide/v790/creating-new-report#jss-user-basicreport_293982575_1024061

Jasper Studio 7.9.0 user Guide
https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/v790/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-user-guide

Jasper Server REST API Reference
https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-rest-api-reference/v790/rest-api-overview

All Jasper 7.9.0 Docs List
https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-user-guide/v790?version=61916

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
------------------------------

message: 5
date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 22:54:09 +0200
from: Marco Facchinetti <marco.facchinetti@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Opinions and experiences with ReportBro

Thanks!
--
Marco Facchinetti

Mr S.r.l.