Reports can be run in the browser. I think you can also edit them as well.

However if you're running them as you suggest it shouldn't matter where templates are created because your Java engine would ultimately execute the reports.

Just create the templates and then use your backend daemon process to actually execute the reports.

I won't preach the virtues of Jasper any more since you don't seem to see it, but I think you're missing the boat if you want a FREE or paid pixel perfect reporting engine.

There are always paid commercial reporting solutions you could look in to if you really need a full browser design experience.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 11:53:13 +0200
from: Marco Facchinetti <marco.facchinetti@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Opinions and experiences with ReportBro

Hi Richard, we evaluated Jasper reports but, if I'm not wrong, the only way
to edit the templates is via Jasper Studio and it's on premise not
available in a browser.

Best regards.
--
Marco Facchinetti

Mr S.r.l.

Tel. 035 962885
Cel. 393 9620498

Skype: facchinettimarco

Il giorno mer 14 lug 2021 alle ore 20:39 Richard Schoen <