Mark,
We did create a private memory pool for this one object. It’s only about 200MB and we have 1.5TB memory. This one file has A LOT of IO to it.

From: Mark Waterbury<mailto:mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 4:54 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion<mailto:midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SETOBJACC status

Steve,

That object will NEVER be "pinned" in memory when using SETOBJACC.

SETOBJACC does NOT "PIN" anything into memory. That is why you should create a separate private memory pool, so that when you issue SETOBJACC, it will do a "BRING" to bring (page in) the entire object into that memory pool. But then, subsequent to that, if any other demands on that same memory pool cause pages to be "stolen" -- well, TOO BAD, SO SAD...

(If it did do a "pin" that could be VERY BAD for overall system performance.)

For more details or how you can write your own program to issue the MI instruction SETACST (Set access state), see:

MI instructions can be written in OPM MI assembler or you can embed them as built-in functions in any ILE language (C, CL, RPGLE).

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury