Marco and John,

Regarding the idea of preserving template capabilities that users currently
have, is there really a requirement that users provide inline code in the
report template (i.e. inline conditional expressions) paired with a
server-based engine that handles such expressions later, at runtime? What
if users were to simply put placeholders for fields in HTML templates and
provide a separate note to a programmer, delineating conditional
expressions? That wouldn't take capabilities from users. Or am I missing
something? In other words, are users really that concerned about how
conditional expressions might be implemented on the back end?

Users design documents and reports? Programmers implement conditional
expressions? I previously worked in an environment like that, which ended
up being a slick way to operate.

Nathan.

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 2:34 AM Marco Facchinetti <