to make ssh easier ibm i open source has "sshpass" to make logons easier and "lftp"

DESCRIPTION
lftp is a file transfer program that allows sophisticated FTP, HTTP and other connections to other hosts. If
site is specified then lftp will connect to that site otherwise a connection has to be established with the
open command.

lftp can handle several file access methods - FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, HFTP, FISH, SFTP and file (HTTPS and
FTPS are only available when lftp is compiled with GNU TLS or OpenSSL library). You can specify the method to
use in `open URL' command, e.g. `open http://www.us.kernel.org/pub/linux'. HFTP is ftp-over-http-proxy proto‐
col. It can be used automatically instead of FTP if ftp:proxy is set to `http://proxy[:port]'. Fish is a pro‐
tocol working over an ssh connection to a unix account. SFtp is a protocol implemented in SSH2 as SFTP subsys‐
tem.

Bryan