I would be curious as to the why's to selecting DB2 connect. Unless maybe they built their .Net core stuff before the ODBC drivers were available in the .Net core platform.

Maybe they needed heterogeneous databases joins across multiple db2 platforms.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

message: 2
date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 17:22:37 -0400
from: John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Connect to IBMi DB2 using an OLE DB connection