Thanks for the links.

From a Windows 10 PC, Windows Power Shell run as admin
Get-SmbConnection | Select-Object -Property *

I'm able to see all my mapped drives, both to Power9 and other Windows servers.
V7R3 is showing SMB 2.0.2
V7R4 is showing SMB 3.0
All other Windows servers are showing SMB 3.1.1

The V7R4 LPARS did take repeated authentications when connecting, but finally did connect.

Is there a command I can run on the I to see all the different connections with their SMB version?

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Friday, June 4, 2021 7:58 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: V7R4 UPGRADE

Mike,
I reread that link just now. I believe that link just shows what is allowed. What Paul, and probably the OP - Duane, are asking is 'how do you tell what clients are connecting with?". Let me explain further. Suppose you have the environment variable QIBM_ZLC_SMB_VERS set to allow Net Server to support whatever the client connects with. Ok? So you are thinking of saying you want to turn off SMB1 but you want to know if that will break anything. So you want to know what clients, if any, are getting NetServer to negotiate all the way down to SMB1.
Maybe I missed it but I did not see such a SQL service. Nor did I see an api which may return this information at https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.4?topic=netserver-api-guides

Duane,
See the line about " Microsoft(r) Documentation provides this information about the versions of SMB available for various Windows(r) OS versions:" at https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/josebda/2013/10/02/windows-server-2012-r2-which-version-of-the-smb-protocol-smb-1-0-smb-2-0-smb-2-1-smb-3-0-or-smb-3-02-are-you-using/
One summary note of interest: If you are ONLY supporting SMB1 open a share from a Windows 10 machine to your IBM i. The Windows machine should give you a nasty pop up window complaining that the server is only supporting SMB1 and it will only connect at gunpoint (or something like that). Details in one of the links below.

I did find an article which states that currently the only way to check to see what SMB connections are hitting your IBM i is by running a communications trace.
I tried a few trace combinations but was unable to see how.
https://smex-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=https%3a%2f%2fpowerwire.eu%2fsmbv3%2dsupport%2din%2dibm%2di%2d7%2d4&umid=2af2f82f-32bf-4517-80d4-368d89cef22d&auth=438b0784514c1757bd202125ca4db8b0abdb021e-4b674122b229565c5d3ba85b367ae382e1633427
But it did have a Powershell suggestion to see what SMB type a share is using.

Some other links of interest:
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/ibm-i-netserver-smb-protocol-version-control-guide
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-server/storage/file-server/troubleshoot/detect-enable-and-disable-smbv1-v2-v3

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
http://www.dekko.com