From: Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 3, 2021 10:12 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Encrypting a library

One of my customers just read a piece somewhere where 'some guy from iTech' explains the cavernous exposure that is an IFS Root Share. Now they are terrified and are prepared to simply delete it and deal with any consequence of crashing apps or help desk tickets whining about lost access.

I asked why they wouldn't listen to me when I pointed this out. They said I should meet this guy 'Steve' because he's an expert and I could learn from him. I pointed out that I've known 'this guy Steve' for a decade and did a session at NAViGATE with him just last week where, among other things, we told people 'NO!' to sharing the root.

They responded 'Oh.'

But if 'this guy Steve' can get them to not share the root, I'm OK with that. Thanks Steve!

- DrF