Solved! It was not an abnormal IPL. There were no available PTF when I started. I ordered two ptfs SF99720 and Sf99721.. Cume and all groups. Go PTF Option 8 - Install program temporary fix package

Device = *service and prompt for media 3.

Then the IPL.

Management central collect inventory and select available showed 452 available. Select them and set to apply at next IPL and it failed. Selected all and said to clean up and it failed. All the groups were showing as installed. Hmm

Ok I selected all the SS1 PTF and ran the clean up. They went away. Yea. Did that for each individual licensed program.

No more available PTFs. Yea.... Next select all PTFs with Save File and clean them up, one licensed program at a time. No more save files.

Select all with cover letters, none found.

My PTF data base now is cleaned up. Why after downloading the two groups and installing them I ended up with 452 available I do not know.

Why the install failed, well probably because they were actually installed.

When the clean up attempt at all 452 failed, when IBM must have a limit. But cleaning up one licensed program at a time worked.

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.

707.665-2100, ext. 1102
707.793.5700 FAX
chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.cross-check.com

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by e-mail (by replying to this message) or telephone (noted above) and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.  Thank you for your cooperation with respect to this matter.